Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If we hold on together, I know our dreams will never die. Live believing, cause dreams see us through to forever

Okay, it's time I updated this place a bit. Guess it's best to start from last week. Thursday and Friday was Floorballholic. I guess overall the event was successfully carried out, based on what I saw at least. Of course there were quite a few problems and stuff along the way. Like on the short debrief on Friday, everything's part of a learning process, hope the juniors have been able to gain valuable experience (: Had a good talk too (: After the event, had dinner at Macs with Wei Chen, Joe, Shi Min and Joshua. Talked for damn long until like 11 plus lol. Heard about the stuff that happened. Shan't say much here I guess. Saturday was a pretty good day I guess? Managed to do quite a bit of work, including tuitions and the break in between. Talking to people along the way also. Jon and I met up with the-now-shaved-head Eugene haha. Dinner and stuff then camped at his house a bit. And I realised I missed the showing of the YOG opening ceremony -.- Damn, totally didn't even know about it zzz. Some people got to watch it on site haha. It was nice meeting Eugene again after 2 weeks. I know things are tough there, but endure yeah! Sunday was nothing much except trying to do work lol. Most random thing, during dinner my family sat down to watch Ip Man on a cd. Don't think we've done that for a long time lol. In short, the show's good! And well, as the previous post showed, broke down (again) at night... Monday, tuition was kinda motivating a bit. See how much Econs I can absorb these 2 weeks. Tuesday also nothing really much I think, save for night study. Ended up at Serene Macs at one point lol

Today, pe played soccer again, 25 vs 27. Had the misfortune of a slight accident, tried to change the direction of the ball while running after it. Then accidentally stepped on the ball and my face hit Wei Shian's thigh. My teeth cut my lip -.- Sian diao. Saw the blood then went wtf man. Suay. Felt a bit screwed up after that zzzz. In a way, have to be thankful cause I guess it could have been a lot worse in many ways. Have been doing the night study stuff again. Should be doing it everyday that I'm available now. I guess I've managed to find a bit of motivation back and have been trying to work as much as possible. The usual gang consisting of people from "09SH28" (LOL) at the crossroads. Past two days have been trying to study Stats for tomorrow's stats test for math consolidation lecture. Sampling sucks man, first 7 questions are all explanation and description questions -.-

I guess one thing that impacted me today was the talk today during leadership period in LT5. Okay, it wasn't the feedback session thingy which I really have no comments about. It was more of the talk after. Miss Chua the dean talked a bit about the spirit of giving, then a NJ alumnus gave a bit of a talk about giving back to the college and stuff. Well, I won't say that I'm totally satisfied with the college and stuff here and there. However, I still think that to some degree we should have a certain level of gratitude to the stuff that has happened. I admit I probably would have complained quite a bit about how things are, but when you actually sit down and reflect, yes I still enjoy some parts of life here. Perhaps it might be a little different for me cause I kinda wanted to come to NJ, might be different from people and stuff so yeah. I heard some comments that some people made during the talk about school and stuff. They really made me kinda sad. Best part was that I knew those people personally. Somehow the talk reminded me also of how I talk with like my cadets and stuff. Did that style in floorball a few times also. Maybe people don't really listen? Dunno. One more important thing that I got reminded of today, was to simply, think postively, in the sense that we could see everything in a different light. Perhaps sometimes I had been thinking too much of why didn't I get it, or why not and so on. To put it simply, we get too caught up in the negative thoughts of 'why not' and things along that line? Instead of having that mentalilty, we can learn to be contented with things, and do things because we want to not because of some other agenda. A very idealistic thinking, but it can be a little guide for us at times (:

I really hope I can keep this momentum and spirit up. Stats test tomorrow! After that must chiong Chem and Econs liao zzz.. Random article I read in the Economist during GP today. It was something titled the politics of hair or something. Made me go o.o when I read it. Night study continues. Tiring but definitely more productive than if I were to stay at home. Keep on improving! Wei Shian and I bumped into Yenjin just now at the HCI bus stop. Nice to see her again! Random notes, I need more songs! Also, should I cut my hair for next week's class photo shoot thingy?

Everyone seems to be facing many difficulties and problems. Yeah there times when we really feel down in the dumps, on the verge of giving up. Let's endure and work things out. It might be slow, it might be tedious, it might push us back down into the dirt, but we'll pull through in the end (: Let's take things one step at a time slowly but surely and hopefully. This applies for me too I guess. Will be with you and you in spirit, even if I can't do so physically (: One's in Tekong so quite hard lol. Got reminded of this song, probably suits this occasion the best. This was sung by our teachers during farewell assembly in Sec 4. Lyrics are really inspirational (:

If We Hold On Together -- Diana Ross


Don't lose your way
With each passing day
You've come so far
Don't throw it away
Live believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start


Live your story
Faith hope and glory
Hold to the truth
In your heart

If we hold on together
I know our dreams
Will never die
Dreams see us through
To forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

Souls in the winds must learn how to bend
Reach for a star
Hold on to the end
Valleys, mountains

There is a fountain
Washes our tears all away
Words are swaying
Someone is praying
Please let us come
Home to stay

If we hold on together
I know our dreams
Will never die
Dreams see us through
To forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

When we are out there
In the dark
We'll dream about the sun
In the dark
We'll feel the light
Warm our hearts everyone

If we hold on together
I know our dreams
Will never die
Dreams see us through
To forever

As high as souls can fly
The clouds roll by
For you and I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com