Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor. And I wonder if I ever cross your mind, cause for me it happens all the time

I can taste my food again! Okay at least the aches and most of the fever's gone, left mainly the blocked nose. Not that bad today. Met a few new interns today, all older than me sia, save for one guy, who's my age too. Somehow I'm like the youngest intern but had the most things to do today lol. Oh and I think my illness dulled my senses quite a bit, freaking stoned today, especially during chit-chat conversations with people zzzz

Something that I came across while helping to type an affidavit for one of the partners today. Got to know the background of the case. This woman apparently walked out on her marriage with her husband and went with her boss, leaving behind two kids as well, like literally walked out of the house one day (of course there was probably some drama prior to the day itself). And wthell was my first reaction. In the later part I discovered that despite her being ordered by the court previously to fufill some duties as a mother, she didn't follow them exactly. In short she wanted to have 'play time' with the kids but didn't want to shoulder the 'responsibilities' that came with them, like fetching them from school or something. I dunno, the way it was done simply shocked me. Initially I was feeling sad while typing, even sympathetic that it was another divorce case. Then came the background info. Wtf.. The kids are gonna grow up with an emotional scar man. But on the whole, this example, along with the other one while helping this partner, the stories that I hear in the real world seem to intimidate me a little. What if this happens to me? From the little that I've learned in these few days at Rodyk, such things take damn long. No matter what the issue might be, adultery, problems or whatsoever, isn't it sad to see people who had formerly taken 'I do' and 'till death do us apart' oaths end up going at each other's throats for the division of matrimonial assets? That includes the custody of the children too, if it applies. Similar thing happened to Jon, 2 years of resolving definitely was long, but luckily he still has support from both his parents physically and mentally. Others aren't as lucky perhaps. I dunno, such incidents just scare me about the real world a bit, cause I honestly don't want to end up going through something similar, or end up causing anyone to suffer long term by my hands in anyway. As much as the first case is an extreme, similar ones might occur. This leads to an important question, what if?

Time flies, it's been two whole years since. At this time then, things were still happy. Funny how guilt from 2 years previously manages to keep catching up with you, as stupid as it might sound. Of course there isn't any question on where the fault lies in that sense, I'm pretty much grateful for how some things are, they could have been worse. Much as I have learned much over this time, am I any more ready now than I was then? Back to the question, what if?

Random note, JZ and I seem to have pretty similar experiences, though undeniably whatever happened to me pales in comparison to his. Nonetheless, at least there's someone to talk to about similar thinkings at times. Whatever.. Once again, what if?

Pride in your work. Over the years I guess many of us would have been reminded of this at least once. I think everywhere I went this thing got drilled into me. Nonetheless we all have to acknowledge that it is a very important attritube to have. No matter what task we're give, do it with the best of your ability. Even if you are juggling many other things, at least give it due consideration, cause that can be your best at that given point of time. I guess pride in one's work can be easily seen in the quality of their assignments. A slip-shot job or a certain level of consideration, I guess those experienced in the respective fields would be able to pick these up really easily. This goes hand in hand with effort I guess. We might complain about it, thinking it's stupid or something, at least do it properly. Points to ponder

Got a call from Panyu just now, who was apparently half drunk or something haha. They were having a stayover at Zhong Xi's place, so it was pretty entertaining to hear the stuff PY was spouting to all of us at both ends of the line haha

Dinner with 28 gang tmrw! (:

PS: It's 21 days to enlistment

This song has successfully moved me, love the tune! Thanks Joanne for the songs (:

Need You Now -- Lady Antebellum


Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone 'cause
I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

Another shot of whiskey
Can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping
In the way you did before

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one
I'm a little drunk
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

Whoa, whoa
Guess I'd rather hurt
Than feel nothing at all

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
And I said I wouldn't call
But I'm a little drunk
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now
I just need you now

Oh baby, I need you now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com