Saturday, January 15, 2011

Okay, so Friday went back to CHS for NP, probably my last time in full u lol, went for KCP's campfire in the end with SM, Yh and ZQ. Their orientation programme for the Sec 1s is seriously damn interesting! Saturday had training at CHS, ran 2.4km before it started and wth my timing dropped like siao, 11:40 now, SIAN! Training wise we just died, not used to the pace and intensity. We got owned by the combined schools' line lol. Lunch-ed, then we went to Fatpipe, SK changed his blade, I adjusted my new one. Can't get back the same feel yet leh :/ Sunday met Eugene and Jon, talked cock a bit at his house then went for Zheng Yang's birthday party at Aloha. Damn fun for the games we played, especially the part where he had to find his presents in the room (:

Monday went back to NJ to visit the floorballers, waited freaking long for 852 -.- At least can finally take 852 back home from NJ lol... Tuesday, went out for dinner with Mili then had a talk with JZ before going home. Wednesday met Lao Da, Joseph, Zheng Yang, Pris, Wen Qi and Joe to celebrate Priscilla's birthday. Had chicken rice and then scoopz for dessert. Went siao and had 3 plates of rice haha. Thursday had dinner with Jon and got my NS specs. Look kinda retarded :/ Friday met up with the 4A peeps. Siyun, Zhao Ming, Michelle, Melissa, Melvin, Jocelyn and Shian. Clarence joined us impromptu as well haha. Great to meet up and talk a bit (: Next plan is some Ubin outing plus clubbing? LOL!

At the same time, I started my attachment at this law firm called Rodyk and Davidson this week. Have to thank my dad since he knows one of the partners there. It's been a pretty interesting week, no doubt boring initially since I can't do much as an A level graduate. Sad thing is that I don't get paid for my office hours ._. Thus, it's kinda painful to travel everyday with adult fare and have your lunch at CBD (omg) I'm in the Litigation department for Rodyk and my mentors are really nice people. Currently helping another mentor out for this thing called discovery, damn tedious process of going through docs. JOL is another interesting concept, Judge online I think. So instead of having to go down to court just to present some things for the CDR, you can do it online, much more efficient in certain cases I think. Maybe next week will be able to see an actual court session!

Was having a short discussion with my mentor Mr Lek about looking for a job that interests us. He said a few things that made really proper sense. In the past, people mostly stuck to a few jobs, if not just one for their working career. Nowadays, people have more choices, thus we tend to become a little picky for our jobs (some people at least, not all). Mr Lek told me that in some senses, it'll be quite hard to determine what kind of job you'll really like, especially at say 18 or 19 years old, since that we're gonna have to decide our uni courses soon. One possible way is to perhaps try to find something enjoyable about what you do? I was lucky that I managed to really love the CCAs that I had joined in Secondary school and JC, and in certain senses I didn't entirely know what I was doing when I joined them. Hopefully I can learn to love what I do in future too. Points to ponder

A little issue that pestered me a bit, inspired by Shian's post on work. This week itself told me a lot on how with work, our social life starts to become zilch. Already it's quite hard to keep in contact of meet up with friends and stuff, due to our clashing schedules of work. I guess for now it might not be that bad, but once we actually start working to support our families, what will it be like? I guess it's something I'm really gonna dread. I really miss school life now ):

Side note, my internet is finally more stable now with the router set up here. My email has decided to work properly again too! I'm gonna try and make this blog more lively with more posts and stuff now. Also, decided to play pokemon again on the gameboy advance sp, nothing better to do so restarted one of the versions lol

Just discovered this band called Train, their songs are pretty nice (: Shall share them another time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com