Monday, December 20, 2010

This broken heart can still survive, with a touch of your grace. Now that we're here, now that we've come this far, just hold on

Met Jun Wei and Kah Hoe for lunch at Northpoint just now before going to Leonard's house. Saw Lillian at Northpoint (: Played Deal, PS3 and then real soccer at the same basketball court that we played at after POP haha. Played with some kids in the end. Old man team ftw! After that the whole lot of us went to Northpoint (again) for dinner. Left with Kah Hoe in the end since I couldn't stay over. Everyone's still as funny as ever haha. 29th! (:

They say that if a song, or a movie is able to move you with it's content and it's meanings, it's successful. Maybe I'm the type who's not as critical as others, whatever that seems to grab my attention and attracts me with it's tune or concept is probably going to be a song/show that I'll like. Recently, I seem to have been moved by quite a number of shows and songs and stuff. Maybe it's the 'goodbye' mood thingy. To be honest, I'm really dreading this upcoming period when I have to start saying goodbye to people. Call me paranoid, I guess I'm just really scared of losing those I've gained an attachement with. Logically speaking, yes I won't really 'lose' people. Oh well. Guess having NS as the next phase of life seems to have put an entire block in my view of the immediate future :/ ZK told me the other day that his mum told him that one shouldn't have too much an attachment to anyone, or even anything. Cause it'll be really hard to let go. As much as the statement has it's merits, I might not totally agree with it. Then again, I'm probably one who needs time to let go of things that I'm really attached to. With people going overseas and going different directions to their paths of success, what's next? CHSNPCC 29th, NJ Floorball, what'll be the next to play as a major component of my life?

On other things, this was the part that I once knew, this was the part that's all too familiar, this was the part got me in.. This is probably a rare instance of one whom I really managed to really connect and relate to. Not often does this occur, especially with them. Maybe I was just trying to convince myself before this, but it wasn't really true in the end? It's pretty unfair to people if inaccurate concepts are established isn't it? Seeing beyond the imperfections might give one the bigger picture. Might have said things that meant otherwise, but I guess I'll just acknowledge the truth. Difficult as it may be at present, I'll just stay true to that cause. No one has to know, do they? Sometimes fate has a funny way of proving certain points to you, like how my initial discontentment with people got resolved. Maybe this was part of the plan too lol. Another paragraph created from a wild and abstract though lol

It's funny also how we seem to be who we are based on what we're exposed to. Like we tend to learn a bit from anything we go through. Personally, who I am seems to have been influenced by all those around me. Take the style of how trainings are conducted in NP when I go back for example, there's always a word 'gentlemen' coming from me. Influenced by Mr Julian Teo lol. It's interesting to see what I learnt from you, you and you too. It's an amalgamation of exposures lol. People react differently to different things as well based on their own experiences and personalities too right?

Alright, so leaving for Taiwan tomorrow morning. Hopefully the trip will be fun. Though I admit I'm not that excited, since Christmas is going to be spent overseas again :/ Wanted to go out and spend it with friends for a change, oh well. Should appreciate this trip still. Would probably be harder to have family trips in future after this.. Whatever the case, to all my friends out there, Merry Christmas in advance! Hopefully can get internet one of these days in the hotels (:

Also, to my fellow Charlie-ans of D'08, Happy second year anniversary! (:

Moved by this song, discovered it during the singing session last week lol. Part of the phase of inspiration for this past week (:

What About Now -- Daughtry


Shadows fill an empty heart as love is fading
From all the things that we are but are not saying
Can we see beyond the scars and make it to the dawn?

Change the colours of the sky and open up to
The ways you made me feel alive, the ways I loved you
For all the things that never died
To make it through the night, love will find you

What about now? What about today?
What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
What if our love never went away?
What if it's lost behind words we could never find?
Baby, before it's too late, what about now?

The sun is breaking in your eyes to start a new day
This broken heart can still survive with a touch of your grace
Shadows fade into the light
I am by your side, where love will find you

What about now? What about today?
What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
What if our love, it never went away?
What if it's lost behind words we could never find?
Baby, before it's too late, what about now?

Now that we're here, now that we've come this far
Just hold on
There is nothing to fear, for I am right beside you
For all my life, I am yours

What about now? What about today?
What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
What if our love never went away?
What if it's lost behind words we could never find?

What about now? What about today?
What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
What if our love never went away?
What if it's lost behind words we could never find?
Baby, before it's too late, baby, before it's too late
Baby, before it's too late, what about now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com