Monday, July 05, 2010

And between now and then until I see you again, I'll be loving you. Love, Me

Hey I'm back people! 365th post since this blog was created lol. Anyway, went for ATC over the weekend. Met Siming sir at the jetty on Friday night, got the bumboat then for the first time, I walked the path to the campsite at night. Quite a nice experience to be walking down a road surrounded by nature that is in complete darkness. Reached campsite, went to Bahru. Went at night so nothing to do yet. Slept for the first night and got bitten by mosquitoes the whole night -.- Woke up with my knuckles and various places swollen zzz. Even my right eyelid was bitten wth. Anyway, went over to Noordin to help out with Land expedition. Haven't used the radio communications set since D'08 haha. Saw the wild boar at the usual place again. Then of course, since it's durian season, saw plenty of them and jackfruits as well. Best part was that I saw those hanging on the trees type, don't get to see them everyday (: Took two cycles for land ex with different instructors. We couldn't have a proper campfire cause of the weather, but ironically the weather helped a bit such that we still could have a combined one at Noordin's canteen. Think it's my first indoor one for ATC. Night Confidence games for Sec 2s, then some stuff here and there. Last day, cadets had a firedrill before reporting. Guess I shan't mentioned what happened in the whole process, not very nice. The usual stuff for Day3. Headed for Noordin, final packing up then left campsite. Had lunch with the instructors at J8. Bumped into Darrell, Yuan Zhi and Eunice lol. Saw Ryan Han also. Headed home, was damn tired. Wanted to nap from 630pm to 830pm so that I could do some work later but ended up sleeping through the whole night -_- 15.5 hours all together and woke up at 10am lol. Still felt damn stoned and sleepy though ._. Tried to do the Nuclear project but took damn long to settle simple things. Went out for dinner with Jon in the end at PS. 1 hour of Lan then home lol. Eugene Sim was having fun at Vivo ah haha

Didn't really intend to go for this year's ATC, but since it was after CTs I thought I might as well have gone anyway. Same thing, I learned quite a bit as well. There was a moment when I scolded a few groups of Sec 3s, basically cause their behaviour kinda pissed me off. Funnily enough, I scolded them till the extent that even I was kinda shocked at which the intensity and volume I delivered the lecture. Scared myself lol. It had to be done though. Whatever the case, observing cadets did make me think. Saw self centred-ness being evident among them, one of the things many of the instructors were chiding them for. Sec 2 and 3s alike, could see it quite plainly. And yeah waiting for things to happen. I guess something quite important that I thought about, our mindset would end up morphing our actions right? And perhaps, in the long run our character? So in this case, what kind of mindset do we do things with? In simple things like say our CCA, day to day activities or studies? Points to ponder.

I realise some things can really brighten up your day. A simple conversation in a boring day's afternoon, and at night again, can really brighten up your whole day (: Some little things can have the greatest impact. Anyway all the best to those taking Chinese Oral tomorrow! I shall go and chiong the Nuclear project now ._.

India Lima Yankee. The flame has been re-lit (: That is radio comm language by the way

This was one of the songs for the instructors' performance. Reminded again of an old favourite. The lyrics depict of a simple story about the narrator's grandparents. The title comes from the letter. Very good song (:

Love, Me -- Collin Raye


I read a note my grandma wrote back in nineteen twenty-three
Grandpa kept it in his coat, and he showed it once to me, he said
Boy, you might not understand, but a long, long time ago
Grandma's daddy didn't like me none, but I loved your grandma so
We had this crazy plan to meet and run away together
Get married in the first town we came to, and live forever
But nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet, instead
I found this letter, and this is what it said

If you get there before I do
Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be
But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then, until I see you again
I'll be loving you
Love, Me

I read those words just hours before my grandma passed away
In the doorway of a church where me and grandpa stopped to pray
I know I'd never seen him cry in all my fifteen years
But as he said these words to her, his eyes filled up with tears
If you get there before I do
Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be
But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then, until I see you again
I'll be loving you
Love, Me

Between now and then, until I see you again
I'll be loving you
Love, Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com