Saturday, June 26, 2010

And if I fall and crash and burn, at least we both know that I tried

Okay, finally back home. Argh I think I'm going crazy already ._. Anyway, Friday went to library again. I bumped into Manfred!!! Catch up with you again soon man! Reached there then we went to visit Gabriel Chin in hospital. He got viral infection or something. Was discharged later in the day. Recover soon Chin! Nigel, You'en, Wei Shian and myself went back to the library. Had lunch at the cafe there, there's the student promotion meal thingy. The chicken leg is damn good!! The item that has the greatest worth among those available for that promotion thingy haha. Went back to work. Did integration I think.. Bumped into Jon. Stayed till 9pm lol. We were the last ones in the library haha. Had dinner at Long John's with Shian and Nigel. Saw Lillian in Mos haha. Took 52 with Shian then went home. Saw Bishan gay again lol. Bumped into Bharat on the bus.

Today, woke up a bit later.. Went to the library again lol. Did work with Jia Yong and Jonathan. For the 6th day in a row I met Jia Yong and Shu Yi haha. Chionged vectors and I swear I'm going crazy already man wtf. Jon taught me Normal Distribution over dinner. Thanks so much man! Eugene's last day on the job haha. And we had dinner there omg. Crap man, chionging like crazy these few days. I think I did more work these 6 days than my previous 3 weeks combined together haha. Rushing whatever rubbish I can to survive at the moment. I think I'm really going to leave Chem to die man. Shall focus more on Physics and Math now. Chem after CTs. Consistency will be my aim. Endure!

Dreams are something that we always have. More often than not, we always fall short of what we originally intended. Each of us have our own aspirations. And with them we would work hard and put in our best efforts to hit our target. Two years ago, my greatest dream from Sec 1, the rank of SI. Was this close to getting it. The circumstances were damn weird also, people from 29th would know. One the greatest disappointments of my life. I dreamt of wielding the ceremonial sword in a parade, have yet to experience it. FB, I wanted to bring the team and CCA to greater heights, bring us to the Top 4. These are just some examples. Each one of those dreams were never reached. I admit it did take a while to get over them. Especially the first one. Now that they are the past, what do we want to do about it? As they say, at times the result isn't always what matters, it's the process that does. Now that you've been there, you've experienced it, the loss, the ups and downs. Can you do something with those experiences? Use what you've gone through, to help, to guide, to advise those who might go through similar paths as yourself. I think this has helped me a bit, at the very least. As a CI, as a former captain, as a friend. I hope I'll be able to help those whom I can help when the need arises. Then for ourselves. Experience can serve as a guide, or as a reminder and help ourselves to go to greater heights. Yes we will have regrets, regrets that might not even be able to be shaken off or forgotten now matter what. But yeah, we can convert them into something else. A source of strength to go for something new, something greater (:

"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."
- Woodrow Wilson

Ahh omg I also have no idea how come I suddenly started talking about this. Not sure how to put it in words and I think I might have spluttered a bit of crap. Oh well, I shall try my best to fight for my own dreams too I guess.. I'm really really scared for next week ._. My parents and brother went to watch Toy Story 3 just now. Didn't go cause I needed to rush work :/ They said it was nice too! Damn I really want to watch it after CTs! And Hilary is sick D: Get well soon!!! Tired out already from these few days. Jia you!! (:

"有你陪着我就可以走到天涯的尽头" Nice lyrics. Yes Rui Jie it's from your status haha. Anyway here's a song from Lifehouse's new album. Their songs are damnnn nice!!!

Crash & Burn -- Lifehouse


All these nights are catching up to me
I just can't put insomnia to sleep
I close my eyes but all that I can see
Is someone who I'm never gonna be
I hope that you can bring me back
I gotta make it right

And if I fall and crash and burn
At least we both know that I tried
And as I crawl there's lessons learned
Yeah, they remind me I survived

Silence just keeps screaming back at me
The ones I love are lost in memories
And I wish that I could take back what was done
You can only change the person you become
I have to try and find a way
To leave it all behind

And if I fall and crash and burn
At least we both know that I tried
And as I crawl there's lessons learned
Yeah, they remind me I survived
And I've been hurt, and I've been scarred
At least I know that I'm alive
And If I fall and crash and burn
At least we both know that I tried

All of the things I tried to say
All of the words just got in the way
I'm waiting here, I need your help
Don't leave me down here all by my self

And if I fall and crash and burn
At least we both know that I tried
And as I crawl there's lessons learned
Yeah, they remind me I survived
And I've been hurt, and I've been scarred
At least I know that I'm alive
And If I fall and crash and burn
At least we both know that I tried

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com