Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waist deep in thought, because when I think of you, I don't feel so alone

Day 3 of the more intense sudying week. Woke up quite late today ._. Had 3 phone calls, multiple snoozing of my alarm over 3 hours, woke up at about 12pm omg. Went to Bishan library again. Met Nigel, Wei Shian and You'en. I met Jia Yong and Shu Yi again haha. 3 days in a row and counting. Bumped into Chun Keet aka Iceman and Guo Jie at the library, went for lunch with them and had fun talking cock haha. Haven't talked to them properly for some time (: Did work. Ended up doing Physics again lol. It was pretty cold in the afternoon. Thankful for my jacket! Still not confident for next week zzz. Must freaking start Chem tomorrow already!! Stayed till about 8pm. Then for the third day in a row also, bumped into the area peeps again, this time at Macs haha. Talked again, trying all the lame brain teasers on each other, at least for our table lol. Thanks Sms for the ride home again!

Okay once again, update on work. Been doing mostly Physics. Hopefully can try and do some Maths later, need to refer to solutions for stuff now -.- Argh, didn't touch my floorball sticks for one week. Thought I'd try playing a bit just now and I regretted it immediately. 30 seconds, and my wrist hurts like crap now ._. Guess I haven't exactly recovered yet.. How to play floorball like that in future!! D: England is through to the next round! Haven't been following the World Cup as much but I saw the last part of their match just now. At least they played much better than the previous matches. Hope they'll do well in the next round!

Random thoughts. First, I guess I'm the type of person who's quite comfortable with structure. It seemed that for quite a number of the things I've been doing, I prefer it to be with a certain amount of structure in the way things are done (not too much of course). Same can be said for how I learn I guess? Simple explanation questions I don't like explaining things in my own words -.- Next, personally a lot of things I do are based on personal experience. Perhaps the mindset or how I might carry out the task whatsoever, would always be with reference to something from the past, perhaps changed and tweaked a bit. So in this case, if I've no experience in a particular field means that would make me nearly useless for quite a bit until I learn how lol. I guess for quite a number of people it might be the same too? Hence as such, if I've no prior experience in say some particular situation, if I had a bad experience before, would that then shape how I might think or act should I face similar situations in future? This question came to my mind cause I guess that could be said for some of the things in my life right now lol.

It's been a while since I felt a fire like this. And this ain't anger I'm talking about. Unable to provide proper words to describe it but yeah, I guess it has something to do with meeting the area peeps and stuff. Maybe passion? A little quote I was reminded of just now: Practice what you preach. Simple phrase, yet I feel it holds great importance for us, especially should any of us take up any positions of some sort. Even in our daily lives, it can be applied. Simply by sticking to what you say about something. First heard this from my squad leader Daryl Chan I think haha. And yeah, there a lot of things that are own my mind. Ranging from a whole lot of different things. But well, having a blog means that we need to be partially responsible for it's content too I guess. Some people, as we've heard (or maybe even seen) fail to realise that, hence the consequences (for some). Sure it's your own place to speak your mind, but we gotta learn how to filter stuff right? That's just my opinion anyway. Hence learn the art of subtle messages and meanings LOL! Anyway last part, in relation to some other things encountered. Let's reflect on ourselves, on the people we've become, on the roles that we play, on the actions we do. Sometimes, there isn't a set rule whatsoever for things, however I quote Mr Goh Yong Hang: "Touch your heart and ask yourself what's right". This is really a moral issue I guess lol. Maybe there isn't a right or wrong answer in certain cases

Can't wait for next week, for some reasons. One, so that I can reorganise everything and do consistent work and get back on track for A's. Another is maybe floorball? I'm also considering going for ATC lol o.o Ice cream too hopefully? Haha let's see how things go I guess (: Trying to tune my mind and focus on work at the moment. And it feels nice to catch up with people whom you haven't seen or heard from for some time (:

There's a difference between doing the right thing, and doing things right. When do you do which? Points to ponder

Vanilla Twilight -- Owl City


The stars lean down to kiss you,
And I lie awake I miss you.
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere.
'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly,
But I'll miss your arms around me.
I'd send a postcard to you dear,
'Cause I wish you were here.

I watch the night turn light blue.
But it's not the same without you,
Because it takes two to whisper quietly,
The silence isn't so bad,
Till I look at my hands and feel sad,
'Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly.

I'll find repose in new ways,
Though I haven't slept in two days,
'Cause cold nostalgia chills me to the bone.
But drenched in Vanilla twilight,
I'll sit on the front porch all night,
Waist deep in thought because when I think of you.
I don't feel so alone.
I don't feel so alone.
I don't feel so alone.

As many times as I blink I'll think of you... tonight.
I'll think of you tonight.

When violet eyes get brighter,
And heavy wings grow lighter,
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again.
And I'll forget the world that I knew,
But I swear I won't forget you,
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past,
I'd whisper in your ear,
Oh darling I wish you were here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com