Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday to Su-Ann! (25th June)
Happy Belated Birthday to Daren! (26th June)
Happy Birthday to Linus!

Ok, finally updated.... Well, first week of Term 3. Quite a number of things have come about these few days. You've heard about things on the newspaper etc....

Ok, anyway, this Semester, a new time table..... Erm, nothing really much to say I guess.... It's quite ok.... No all three sciences all on one day now.... Our new is Maths teacher Mr Julian Teo! =D Ok, he's a good teacher, we all know that.... I guess some of us will still miss Mdm Ng though....

Anyway, loads of other stuff has happened.... Let's see.... Oh yah... The CMC more-or-less-confirmed EXCOs are out. Congrats guys =D .... Will not reveal the names here.... You'll find out during investiture.... Although I guess many already know.... Haha.... Don't worry, I'm not one of those, so relax.... Well, perhaps I will get a little disappointed, but then I did make the choice myself that I did not really want to get involved there, I chose NP, and to me that's the right choice.... I won't have time to do all the things and attend the SLB meetings too anyway. So well, yeah.... You have my support guys! =D

Today had some CMC meeting.... Firstly about the ice-creams as the school gave us ice-cream as a youth day present.... Thanks! Yeah, then Miss Tan was briefing us on the homecoming arrangment thing then I saw Yan Hao sir there.... Saw him earlier already... Then he walked up that slope towards the G.O that path then he was staring at me or something.... Like I did something wrong like that? -.- Like that also very nice to stare at? Just because I'm like the only one standing besides Wei Jie while everyone else is seated, does that make me special? Zzzz... Whatever.... Not mad at him or what lah... Just still wondering why he has to stare at our group our something, the best is the look... Lol.... Anyway, still have to ask him or Nicholas sir about the drill commands and stuff like that... HQ keeps like changing so many things.... -.- Rest of the day nothing much.... Then just now got kao beied by one Sec 3 CO guy.... Wtf... They were playing soccer then the ball bounced on Eugene then I just pushed away with the dowel pole I was holding.... Then after that I turned around then the pole accidentally hit him then he like swore and scolded me said what just now block him then now whack him, then he ask me to f*** off immdiately..... -.- WTH lah.... Like that accidentally also Kao Bei, not like it's on purpose right.... -.- Apologizing to such people is just wasting your breath I tell you, although I did apologize lah....

Oh yah, today Mr Lee Chang Hong retired from teaching.... Yibin, KB and I helped a bit to carry some of his stuff into his car..... Well.... It seemed quite sad for us that he was leaving the school and our unit... We thanked him for the last time then we left.... Happy Retirement Mr Lee! =D We also had to sort of say good bye to Tian Ming sir.... He's like officially a Teacher Officer in Xinmin? All the best there I guess.....

Ok, I'm now going to touch on quite a sensitive topic..... On Wednesday, it was our first PT session sonce we took over and it told me a lot.... We had some PT then we did 2.4km run with the Sec 1s... Then? They lost for the last man AND first man timing.... Ok, if they lost but their timings were not bad and they tried then perhaps it's not too bad.... However, as much as I hate to demoralize my cadets, I feel that what YiBin and the rest of us have been saying make a lot of sense.... Many of the Sec 2s are simply not putting in effort in the things they do, be it PT, drills etc.... I believe that they are able to reach higher standards.... They have showed it before, but they just simply don't put in EFFORT in what they do.... Some of them are just stoned, no initiative, no enthusiasm.... Being quite is one thing, being stoned is another.... Everytime we take the Sec 2s, we see lot's of things that they can do properly but they just don't. Simple things like their uniform. Their badges obviously never polish, but they say they did polish it... And it's not once, not twice.... Pumping won't resolve the matter, they'll just take it as just something that they have to do for the sake of doing.... Where did all the pride in our uniform and CCA go to?

As their squad leaders, there's nothing really much we can do.... If they don't bother to improve or whatever, then all four of us have failed as squad leaders. As Peck Hor sir had told me, if you can mould your cadets to be better than you, then you have succeeded.... I've also heard from my other friends who are the other UG leaders that the same type of problem is arising in their Sec 2 squads too.... Whatever is wrong here? Sec 2s, it makes all of us very demoralized you know..... This is meant for the Sec 2s in the UGs.....

If anyone from the 30th Batch reads this, I just hope that you guys will really be able to buck up, if not seriously, CHSNPCC will fall.... It just takes EFFORT.... That's all.... It's just damn frustrating thinking about this...... Bah....

Ok, CHS Homecoming tomorrow.... NP people tio arrow for some stupid marshalling duty... -.- Always like that.... Zzzz.... Enjoy yourself everyone..... =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com