Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hi everyone... Sorry for not posting for the past few days, didn't feel like posting anymore due to a certain reason... Anyway, Thursday, spent Valentine's day attending lessons and having some workshop called "Conquering the last lap". Quite a meaningful workshop... Somehow the class has developed a habit of calling me "mada", which means police... -_- People like Beier usuallly behind this... Lol... Does get annoying sometimes though... Then some other things really sort of ruined my day for me, one of which was homework! Spent the night chionging my compre before polishing my things, resulting in a 2+am bedtime... Then the next day, Mrs Yap said that we didn't need to hand it up... -_- Also, Thursday morning we had our O Level SPA briefing in the audi by Mr Quay.... Somehow he said some things that seemed to be jacking himself, thought I guess he was trying to inject humour into the lecture... Things said were like... "You try me, I'll cut short your SPA time and give you only 50 minutes! But you know I can't do that lah, it's just a threat" and "So, I believe you guys don't have any questions, so any questions?" Haha XD... Damn funny, yeah man Mr Quay! =D

Friday nothing really spectacular I think... Only thing was that the store key broke.... -_- Caused quite a bit of problems.... Did the Physics mock SPA, quite ok I guess.... We received our new timetable, now Tuesdays aren't so hiong already, problem is all our SPA periods are after recess! Zzzz... Dismissed, quickly went to change, settled NPAP people, then we went for training... Opening parade by Terence, somehow ended up standing in front of the NCO squad... Lol... And my beret came out of it's seasoned shape, again... Damn... Training, first 2 periods did arms drill... Revised everything again with the dummy M-16s.... For some reason, arms drill is really tiring as an instructor.... YJ took PT while Yibin and I went to take the Total Defence Gold test with the other NCOs, have to score 45/50 for the test to get the badge, MCQ format, sort of S.S based... Yep, don't need to get the badge already, cause I sort of anyhow did the paper.... Haha, closing parade after that, debrief, end of training... Went for dinner at S11, then hitched a ride back....

Yesterday, morning went for Chinese... HCL people did script checking, chinese people had some lecture, was sort of only half listening, went for bio remedial for a while then went to amry market with Ken, Jun Wei, KB, YJ and Terence... Bought some things, then finally managed to duplicate the class keys... JW and I also made something damn cool.... This...

Yup, damn nice... This was taken using a digital camera, my phone camera isn't so good when it comes to small details like small letterings... Quite cool seeing the way such things are made... It isn't some official name tag or something mind you... It's for fun... After that, KB, Terence and I hitched a ride back with Jun Wei to Khatib MRT station... Thank you! Felt a little ill so fell asleep....

In the evening went to some classmate of my Mum's place for some party of some sort... Ate quite a bit, played quite a bit... A pretty enjoyable evening on the whole, but there was something that really put me off... Started off when I was trying out my friends' piano... Then these two kids, a K1 boy and a K2 girl, came to ga jiao me and hit the bass notes at random, causing displeasant sounds which what we call "noise"... I knew they were just small kids, so I just told them to stop it, and they responded by doing the same thing about 6 or 7 more times... I sort of scolded them and they replied with sneering tones... WTF? K1/K2 children using sneering tones and trying to err, irritate some guy more than twice their ages? -_- Told them off a few more times... I kept telling myself that they were just children and had tried as much as possible to control my temper... I knew also that the mother of those children was also a classmate of my Mum or something, all the more I tried to control... In the end, couldn't take it anymore, I shouted. They didn't seem to be in anyway intimidated by my shouting, and sort of continued with their irritating taunts... It did attract the adults' attention though, and their mother went to deal with them, not any form of scolding though.... Then the other adults were sort of just passing off the incident as they, being kids, were just mischievious... Hate it that some people think such children are like angels, more like devils on the contrary... The incident had set me thinking though, are all kids going to be like that in future? If so, we're all dead....

Tuition today was ok, found out that Alvin was also attending the same tuition, though he's in the other class, the one that YL is in, HCL mah... Lol... After class went to check out the temporary 628 market food centre.... Seems like most of the stores were still under renovation, with only a few stores open... Bought food from the Chicken Rice store featured in today's newspapers, as it was probably the best store open there at the moment.... Went home after that...

An important issue to address... Now, as we are Sec 4, it's a stressful year for us. Undeniably, tensions will start to rise between even the closes of friends... I too, have experienced certain moments when my temper was just uncontrollable on certain days... We face stress, from school, from our peers, our parents and society... Some of my close friends have problems with their parents scolding them for not putting enough effort in their school work when the real situation is the direct opposite.... I remember experiencing those painful times last year, when I screwed my mid-year exams very badly... In a way, we have to face it, parents will be like this sometimes, they do show care this way, it's just that I agree, their approach is wrong sometimes.... All we can do, is to pesevere and work hard to prove to them what we;re actually capable of.... It's actually times like this when we really need our friends, which leads us to the next problem...

Also due to the highly stressed environments, everyone will get affected, and the attention we give our friends sometimes get affected, all of a sudden, we may end up not being as close as we used to be... I guess such things have to work both ways, understanding is important, showing care is too... At times like this, we have to learn to be understanding, and be there for each other... We shouldn't be too sensitive too either, though sometimes I myself am like that. Let's hope such problems of ours can be solved... This year will tax us mentally, and we need to be strong to overcome it...

Not sure what made me type the last 2 paragraphs... Forgive me if you think I as typing rubbish...

Upcoming events this week would be more homework and tests, plus Annual Inter-house Corss Country on Thursday... This year the venue is at Bishan Park.... Hope things will be ok for the week... Till then all the best people! Also, Happy Belated Birthdays to Jimmy and Cheng Howe!

This is devastation.... Guess what it is.... Taken from Cliff's blog...

Bye people....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com