Saturday, June 04, 2011

Okay I shall first start off by backtracking to 22/5. It was a really crazy day of surprises. Had dinner with my family at Orchard, then went out to buy stuff and then got surprised like crazy by Shian, Siyun and Zhao Ming, cause all three of them crashed my house haha. Really had a pleasant surprise, with the amount of thought and effort that went into the execution of the plan, truly am touched! Thanks loads guys (:

Had a pretty epic week, route march in the most retarded scenario and starting, plus the awesome bbq which ended up with a freaking epic water bomb fight. Real war scenario man. Hoses were used to fire jets and stuff and it was instructors vs the wing lol. Freaking fun man haha. Too bad I can't say much about trainings and stuff, due to being unable to reveal anything more.

Various thoughts that have been on my mind every now and then:

Watched another war movie titled "We were soldiers", based on one part of the Vietnam war involving American troops. I sincerely pray that this would not happen, but as we have to grasp reality, what will happen if a war really breaks out involving Singapore? With a single bullet, a single grenade, a single bomb, a single strike and another human life would be wiped out. What if that infantry soldier there happened to be a friend for example, or even a family member? it just seems so easy for anybody and everybody to die in armed conflict and it really makes you look upon the value of life again. I might not be in a vocation that goes head on with an enemy during engagements, heck I might not even have a chance to take them on. But we've got friends in infantry, signals, engineers etc who are all deployable, who could possibly end up in the thick of the battlefield? I'm not trying to downplay the importance of NS or whatsoever, but rather trying to wonder what would happen if a war were to occur. The violence, the blood, the tears. I sincerely hope that it won't happen to us, and hopefully maybe even the other countries in fact

So thoughts to ponder, how would I want to live my life? The politically correct and most sensible answer is obvious, make the most of it and do what you can. Experiences and mental models shape how we go about our daily activities. Would I be able to put down the negative and harness the power and meaning of the positive? What is our objective?

My thoughts were in a total mess on Monday, it's a bit more straightened out now, but still the important questions don't have answers. Shall continue searching then

At the very least, my plans for the weekend are likely to be able to be carried out now. Few more hours! (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

How to make a Bryan
Ingredients:
5 parts anger
5 parts self-sufficiency
1 part beauty
Method:
Blend at a low speed for 30 seconds. Add a little cocktail umbrella and a dash of fitness

Personality cocktail
From Go-Quiz.com